- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 10g Anchor® Butter
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 200ml white wine
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp caster sugar small handful flat leaf parsley leaves
- long grain rice, to serve
- soured cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Place a large ovenproof dish over a medium-high heat. Add the oil and when hot, fry the chicken until browned but not completely cooked through (you may need to do this in batches, adding a little more oil if necessary). Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and when foaming, add the onions, frying for 5 minutes until starting to brown. Stir in the paprika and fry for a minute, then add the white wine and bubble for another minute. Stir in the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock and sugar; simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Scatter with the parsley and serve with rice and a spoonful of soured cream.